What a junk! Stacks and stacks of lecture notes dated back to the early eighties during my Uni days. Along with these are my Bible studies materials which I kept. I have been hoarding these items. Somehow there is this reluctant feeling to sell all these treasures to the "old newspaper man". These stack of papers have captured those moments of student life - both sweet and bitter. Somehow they have become a part of me. They have stayed with me for more than twenty years. Twenty years seemed so long.
Yet the duration of time seems irrelevant. A lovely double-layered green jacket was taken away at the JB custom check point. The custom officer said that army attire was not allowed into Malaysia. I was pretty sore as this was something that I treasured. It was a gift to me from a Singaporean friend. I was troubled by this incident for a pretty long while. The officer simply wanted the jacket for himself.
Eighteen years of service. A long time. Somehow this service has became a part of me. I decided the time has come for someone else to do it. A tough decision.
Letting go. God has been teaching me this valuable lesson to let go and let God.
No comments:
Post a Comment